Friday, May 11, 2012

To all the Moms out there!

I have to say in the past 9 years, I have been one busy Mom!  I knew I'd be busy, but not REALLY busy! Here are a few things I have learned and want to share with the new Moms out there.  My sister just did a great post on "Mommy Badges"..you need to read that. That's  Lesson 1.  You should be able to read it through here.  If not let me know!  http://layspeakingchick.blogspot.com/

Lesson 2.  When packing that diaper bag, remember the wipes..brown paper towels in the bathroom are not a good alternative..

Lesson 3.  Car seats keep our kids safe, but not the parents.  Buy 2 sets of car seats! 1 set for each car!  A lot of drama will be avoided by doing this!

Lesson 4.  Joggers vs. Strollers.  It really doesn't matter.  Airline personnel hate them all!  Especially Double Joggers.  Oh yeah good memories traveling with that beast!  This also goes for those Cadillac car seats as well.

Lesson 5.  Keep plastic bags in your car at ALL times!  Trust me here...

Lesson 6.  Ice Cream will fall off the cone, child will scream.  Just buy another cone!

Lesson 7.  First Day of school, you will cry, bring tissue for you and the mother sobbing next to you!

Lesson 8.  Back Packs at the end of the school week are scary..wear rubber gloves

Lesson 9.  Your child will get injured, it happens.  Grab the dish towel hanging on the stove handle, wrap around the wound, elevate and maneuver child to the car for a trip to the ER. Don't Panic!  By the way..don't be embarrassed when they say "Oh so good to see you again!"

Lesson 10.  With birthday parties, always make sure to have one extra goody bag, for the kid that shows up last minute.

Lesson 11.  Water hoses and kids...yeah.  Just make sure your car windows and sunroofs are closed! "I'm washing your car Mommy!"

Lesson 12.  No matter what they do, they are your kids.  We brought them into this world and it's up to us to give them the best of life as we can!  Hug them, say you love them several hundred times a day!  Then remind them once in awhile how many hours of labor you were in to get them here!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. That was great Holly! I must say I always gave my daughter ice cream in a dish until she could handle the cone -- so I never had that cone issue. And we STARTED the ER trips once she started gymnastics. But you're so right, you can't be embarrassed when they know her in the ER by her first name.

    ReplyDelete